Source: blerg blog comments powered by Disqus
After having other plans or obligations every single Saturday this summer, I finally made it to Smorgasburg last weekend. I think the best way to do it is to go with a friend or three, and get several things to share. We had:
- A shrimp roll from Red Hook Lobster Pound. Not new to me, but awesome nonetheless.
- Beef bulgogi bun from We Rub You. Good but not anything special.
- A Feisty Chihuahua (cheese + cilantro lime salsa) quinoa falafel from Saucy by Nature. Excellent.
- Brisket from Mighty Quinn’s. The long-ish line enticed us, but it ended up being disappointingly fatty.
- Lime ginger soda from Brooklyn Soda Works. Very refreshing; love that it’s just real juice carbonated.
- Moon Over Georgia (peach, basil, and vanilla ice cream) from Float. Tasty in theory, too basil-y in execution.
And that’s only a small sampling of all the vendors. I hope we get a chance to go back and try stuff we were too full for before it shuts down for the season.
[Ed. Note: no photos because I almost never have the patience to wait and take some snaps before I eat my food]